Cheryl is a passionate and engaging public speaker, with ample experience both in front of large audiences and on-camera. For booking information, contact her at cheryl at cherylplatz.com.
Cheryl is available to speak on a variety of topics, including:
- STEM Careers & Girls in Technology
- Interaction Design
- Improv in the Corporate World
- Game Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Dealing with Medical Issues
In February 2011, Cheryl was a lightning round speaker at IxDA’s Interaction ’11 conference, and she received one of the highest SpeakerRate ratings of the conference (4.72) for her talk entitled “Computer Engineer Barbie: How Interaction Design can entice a new generation of women” (audio + slides here) She has since repeated this talk for multiple groups in an extended (50-minute) more general format, including the Seattle IxDA and the inaugural GeekGirlCon in Seattle. Please contact Cheryl at the address above to discuss her appearance in front of your own group.
Cheryl also appears regularly at Seattle-area high schools with IGNITE to speak about her career path and experiences.
Cheryl is also available to moderate or participate in panels. Her background in improvisation makes her an ideal candidate for unpredictable or high visibility situations.
- In 2010, Cheryl served as moderator for 2 panels (the Guild and Leonard Nimoy) with 1500 attendees at the Emerald City Comicon.
- In May 2011, Cheryl was invited to moderate a panel at Microsoft TechEd in Atlanta, GA. The panel was focused on networking for women in technology, and over 400 women were in attendance. (audio + slides here; 75 min)
Cheryl did a fantastic job moderating the panel and keeping the pace of the session high.
Her energy was infectious and I appreciated her viewpoints as well. (TechEd 2011 Women In Technology panel feedback)
Cheryl also has several years of experience emceeing live comedy shows, including Seattle TheatreSports and the Seattle Festival of Improv Theatre.